Job Posting – Development Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, Development Associate to partner with our Director of Development in securing resources for a large arts- and justice-minded, progressive Reform Jewish community in Hollywood. The Development Associate will have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, an administrative and event management background, and experience in nonprofit fundraising. This full-time position includes occasional night and weekend hours.
ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD (TIOH)
We create a welcoming, warm, diverse, and inclusive community that honors the traditions of Judaism while embracing the innovative principles of the Reform Movement so that every member can engage in Jewish life in an environment that prioritizes Torah (learning), Avodah (spiritual growth), G’milut Chasidim (acts of loving-kindness), Tikkun Olam (social action), the arts, and meaningful opportunities for personal connection to our Jewish community and the State of Israel. TIOH is home to three vibrant schools – Bay-Nimoy Early Childhood Center, Briskin Elementary School, and Religious School/Teen Program.
- Daily management and execution of key fundraising initiatives, including annual campaigns, in-person and virtual events and development activities, donor communications, and stewardship.
- Track and report donor and congregant activity in Raiser’s Edge, our customer relations management software.
- Support the cultivation of major gifts, the pursuit of grants, and the timely recognition of all gifts, including direct solicitations.
- Coordinate logistics of special events that ignite joy, build community and inspire generosity.
- Coordinate meetings and scheduling between staff and lay leadership.
- Assist our Accounts Payable team with collections and tracking.
- Provide support for other temple programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
In Your Toolkit
- Organizational skills to coordinate development, administrative, and logistical workload, including meticulous data collection and data management.
- Interpersonal skills and collaborative nature in working with staff and committees/volunteers.
- Communication skills to respond to donor inquiries and requests with graciousness and clarity.
- Database proficiency to work with our Development, IT, and Finance departments to research donor capacity, create and manage donor records, process gifts, and generate reports.
- Team spirit within a group of professionals who support each other as needed and recognize that we all roll up our sleeves and pitch in.
- An attitude of gratitude to ensure that people are acknowledged and honored for the many ways they will give of their resources (funds, time, wisdom, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising and/or non-profit management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Critical thinker and a proactive doer
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities from various departments
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or a similar database is a plus
- Good sense of humor
Please send a cover letter and resume of relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the nature of this role, we are unable to consider TIOH congregants for this position.
|Experience:||Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience|
|Salary Range:||$58,000 to $65,000|
|Preferred Degree:||Bachelor’s degree preferred|
|Job Location:||Temple Israel of Hollywood, 7300 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046|
Temple Israel of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b)retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.Back